LAST POSTS

5 Dec 2014

Speechyard.com: learn English from film extracts

Hi again!
English with films
Today I'm going to show you a fantastic website to learn English with film extracts: www.speechyard.com. It is brand new and it has tremendous functionalities! Without a doubt, one of the best websites for English learning I've seen in a long time!

You can select extracts from different films, and check the new vocabulary instantly from the subtitles. You can also add the new words to your own library / glossary!

Let me show you better!

1. Enter the website

2. Choose a video from the "Content" page:


2. Click on a word or a group of words to translate it/them:



3. Click on "+" to add a word to your library (= glossary):



4. Learn new words and expression on the "Learning" page:

5. You can practise with other users at the "Community" page:

Check all this on this video tutorial:





I'm sure you'll love it!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm not using any kind of tools. The only useful tip which I can offer you is to watch movies without subtitles or at least with English subtitles. That's it! I improve my English while I was watching "How I met your mother" . You also could try with some English online courses like those here - http://www.bistroenglish.com/

    ReplyDelete